With over 11 million copies in print, What to Expect: The First Year, now in a completely revised third edition, is the world’s best-selling, best-loved guide to the instructions that babies don’t come with, but should. And now, it’s better than ever. Every parent’s must-have/go-to is completely updated.
Keeping the trademark month-by-month format that allows parents to take the potentially overwhelming first year one step at a time, First Year is easier-to-read, faster-to-flip-through, and new-family-friendlier than ever—packed with even more practical tips, realistic advice, and relatable, accessible information than before. Illustrations are new, too.
Among the changes: Baby care fundamentals—crib and sleep safety, feeding, vitamin supplements—are revised to reflect the most recent guidelines. Breastfeeding gets more coverage, too, from getting started to keeping it going. Hot-button topics and trends are tackled: attachment parenting, sleep training, early potty learning (elimination communication), baby-led weaning, and green parenting (from cloth diapers to non-toxic furniture). An all-new chapter on buying for baby helps parents navigate through today’s dizzying gamut of baby products, nursery items, and gear. Also new: tips on preparing homemade baby food, the latest recommendations on starting solids, research on the impact of screen time (TVs, tablets, apps, computers), and “For Parents” boxes that focus on mom’s and dad’s needs. Throughout, topics are organized more intuitively than ever, for the best user experience possible.
Best Books To Prepare For Baby [2020 Picks]
- 0.1 What to Expect the First Year
- 0.2 Be Prepared: Be Prepared
- 0.3 The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice..
- 1 Top 10 Books To Prepare For Baby
- 1.1 What to Expect the First Year
- 1.2 I Am a Big Brother
- 1.3 Be Prepared: Be Prepared
- 1.4 My New Baby
- 1.5 The Big Book of Organic Baby Food: Baby Purées, Finger Foods, and Toddler Meals For Every Stage
- 1.6 The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice..
- 1.7 Waiting for Baby
- 1.8 The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant
- 1.9 Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: 2nd Edition: Fully Revised and Updated
- 1.10 You're Getting a Baby Sister!
- 2 Related Products
- 3 Best books to prepare for baby review
- 3.1 1. Quality of product
- 3.2 2. Weather and its effects on different ages of babies
- 3.3 3. Consider baby health
- 3.4 4. Budget books to prepare for baby
- 3.5 Baby Products Buying Hacks - Mom and Baby Tips and Tricks